Friday, November 05, 2004

Arafat, Death to Radio, And Other Random Bloggy Goodness

The Media? Jump The Gun?!? Surely You Jest...

Yesterday, conflicting reports surfaced on the health of Palestinian Prime Minister Yasser Arafat. First, he was in a coma. Then, he was "clinically dead," which channeled memories of Miracle Max in the Princess Bride.

Miracle Max: It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
Inigo Montoya: What's that?
Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

*Ahem* Sorry.

But fortunately, a French spokesman held a riveting press conference, for which they set up a podium, stage, and a microphone for the following statement:

"Yasser Arafat is not dead. Thank you."

I would think a simple shout through a megaphone could have saved them a lot of setup work, but c'est la vie.

But in all seriousness, it looks like Arafat's final days are ahead. I sincerely hope that his seemingly-imminent death doesn't lead to further instability in the region, though it's sadly hard to imagine otherwise. We'll see, I guess...

Thank God For CD Players

Yesterday, I griped about the hellish Christmas rotation at The Land of the $10 Pill Box. Well, my musical disdain isn't just limited to Aaron Neville expressing how lonesome he is on Christmas Day.

Simply put, radio is evil.

Seriously, how many times does one have to subject to Pieces of Me by Ashlee Simpson before he/she is declared clinically insane? (Though I will say this...hearing the opening guitar strums of that song makes me laugh every time as I think of her dancing like a doped-up New Kid on the Block on SNL.)

In a desperate attempt to get away from my musical doldrums, I actually listened to *GASP* AM Radio the other day. Unfortunately, I happened to turn it on to Rush Limbaugh.

Once again, radio is evil.

Final Thoughts

N/a

Until next time...
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home