Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Assorted Bloggage

Lowes Update

The Neverending Saga of Lowes (tm) continues...

When they rescheduled the delivery yesterday, I asked them to please call me so that I could make sure someone was there to sign for it. They said they would call me around 8:30 or so.

At 12:25, I got a call, but it wasn't from Lowes. It was from my Mom.

"Jay (the tenant) called...they dropped the wood off in the front yard and left."

On one hand, I should be pissed because...well...they defy Darwinian Theory. On the other hand, they've become great blog fodder, so I'll chalk it up as "one of those classic moments."

But the fun's not ending yet, oh no...we have to order an extra part for delivery. The fun is just beginning.

Idol Tonight

Considering their penchant for really bizarre-ass themes, I'm betting tonight's American Idol theme is Any Song With the Words "Gadda Da Vida" In Its Title.

Coming Attractions

Tomorrow, my Dad is taking my sister and I to Atlantic City to celebrate her 21st birthday (which was a few weeks ago). You know I'll have stories from there, as I always do. We're also likely going to the Price Is Right Stage Show, which I also went to last year with my friend Paula. It's actually pretty damn close to the real thing, save the presence of Bob Barker and/or 22-year-old supermodels that he's probably still boinking.

Random thought (ok, it's been on my mind for years, but it fits here): If every pet owner followed Bob Barker's advice to "help control the pet population" by having them spayed or neutered, wouldn't that effectively end the pet population? Look at the looking glass here, people...

I Am The Norm Pedersen of Subway

You know you're a regular when you get to the end of the condiment line at Subway and the Sandwich Maker says, "Oregano and a little bit of mustard, right?"

Let's face facts; Subway is my sandwich soulmate.

Words of Wisdom From My Sister

From a conversation at Subway today...

Me: There's a diner upstate that's selling a 15-pound burger.
Rach: No freaking way.
(Pause)
Rach: I could take it.
Me: Rachel, that is the equivalent of 60 quarter-pounders.
Rach: Wow...I'd feel really guilty.

And with that, I bid adieu.

Until next time...
Dan


1 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 03, 2005 1:52:00 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Can't wait to visit http://home123456.blogspot.com/ when it actually opens. Leave a mesg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home