Friday, May 13, 2005

Know When To Hold 'Em

I just finished my first Texas Hold 'Em "tournament." (I use the term loosely, as there were 7 total people including me). I placed 5th out of 7th; I said my goal wasn't to place dead last, so chalk up a moral victory for me. I got every shitty hand known to man, and the only hand I did win was a pair of tens. My "cousin" George, on the other hand, must have been sitting on a secret deck, because he pulled so many hands out of his ass it wasn't even funny. I use the term "cousin" loosely, as we're as distant blood-wise as family can get. I did inform him, however, that he has been demoted from Third Cousin to Fifth Cousin. I'm just bitter like that.

But it was a very good time overall. It's always fun to play any game with people who are sloshed ahead of time, as it ups my advantage. Yeah, too bad that didn't work either...

Until next time...
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home