Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Working for the Man, Part III

Chi-Chi's

Duration of Stay
3 weeks

Job Duties
  • Waiter


What Dan Remembers...
  • On my first day on the job, we had a power outage, which knocked out the computerized system to enter food orders. The system didn't work again until the day I quit. Coincidence? Methinks not...
  • Only I could manage to spill two margaritas on the same woman within a five-minute span.
  • I grossly underestimated how quickly chocolate would pour out of a bottle, as I managed to land half a bottle of chocolate onto a customer's sundae. Most waiters would probably trash it and start over again; I put a cherry on top and served it.
  • Tuesday night was karaoke night. "Livin La Vida Loca" was the big single at the time. Put the two together, and you have a recipe for several words than end in -icide.
  • The most dreaded words in the English language for a waiter: "Excuse me sir, today is my friend's birthday..."
  • During one instance that I had to *sigh* sing for someone's birthday, I had the "privilege" of putting the sombrero on the birthday boy's head...only to be told I put the sombrero on backwards. Think about that...
My Moment of Clarity (a/k/a when I got the hell out)
Realizing that I really sucked as a waiter.

What Dan Learned...
I really sucked as a waiter.

Next time: Dan enters the world of video game retailing with no continues. Will he able to Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Select Start his way out of this one? Stay tuned...

Until next time...
Dan

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 25, 2005 8:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hate the player, not the game

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2005 9:23:00 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Can I hate both?

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 9:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, one power outage = computer system down for 3 weeks? What an f-ing joke. Put the systems on battery backup or SOMETHING. Come on people, THINK! But hey, if karma hasn't taught you anything by now.....

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 9:43:00 AM, Blogger Dan said...

I never thought green onions would be my karmic revenge, but alas...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home