Sunday, June 19, 2005

¡Que Docto Dan Esta Semana!

I have no idea if the above translation for "What Dan Learned This Week" is right. If not, blame Babelfish...

What Dan Learned This Week

  • I was the victim of Last Name Discrimination at an improv show. You know...I've heard every horrible pun in the world regarding my last name. But until last night, I never had anyone jump out of their seat when I told them what my surname was. It was a tad surreal...
  • Friendly's waitresses never live up to their employer's namesake...
  • Nothing stirs up debate like the phrase, "Coldplay is a poor man's Radiohead..."
  • My bowling skills have greatly deteriorated over time...
  • My PartyPoker retirement match is looming...
  • I'm going to need mace and a bodyguard if i leave my new office location after hours...
  • Everything in life can somehow be traced back to Rocky IV...
  • Asking Arby's employees for "no mayo" on a sandwich is apparently too mind-numbing of a request to make...
  • Many Asian students alternately choose to either hyphenate or not hyphenate their first name. So imagine my initial gasped reaction when I got an email from a student named "Fu-Ching" with the subject line "i am fuching..."
  • Now, I finally found the Airport Economy Parking. Could have helped me (and my company) two weeks ago...
Until next time...
Dan

7 Comments:

At Sunday, June 19, 2005 3:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For tradition's sake, perhaps you should invite Fuching to be your neighbor. If I had that name I'd marry a Swede named "Inda-but". Also, my condolensces for the last name we were cursed with. I still get the daily "Were you Jess Stabbed?" or "Don't Stabb me!" or "You're last name's so cool even if it's an act of violence." Darn those Krauts with their rediculous name-changes to be more phonetically pleasing!

 
At Sunday, June 19, 2005 3:26:00 PM, Blogger Dan said...

That's it...I officially declare today to be...

Fuch the Krauts Day!

 
At Wednesday, June 22, 2005 8:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or how about taking the Subject line of her email, combined with your comment about Economy Parking, and Jess' Swede. Then you'd have "I am fuching Widener Inda-but". I'm sure that's how you REALLY feel about finding that economy lot at the airport.

 
At Wednesday, June 22, 2005 6:17:00 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Hey, Widener paid me the parking fee without a fuss, so we'll just say it was consensual.

And you think Fu-Ching's unhyphenated name was bad? Wait until my next update. All I'll say is this; it is a safe bet that this other guy has the worst last name in recorded history. I thought the jokes about my last name were bad...

 
At Thursday, June 23, 2005 8:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean, worse than our guy Will Goes In Center? (Goes In Center being his last name). This I gotta see :)

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2005 11:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On behalf of former Arby's employees everywhere I hearby ban you from eating Arby's ever again! Dude... there be mices in them roastbeefs anyways.

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2005 11:57:00 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I was wondering why my roast beef squeaked...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home