Thursday, February 16, 2006

ByeSpace

Several people have asked me why I've suddenly decided to delete my MySpace account. To be honest, I've been mulling over it for a few weeks, ultimately choosing today to end my "time" there once and for all. But I certainly have several reasons why:
  • In my field, MySpace is not looked at in the most favorable light. I'd rather distance myself from any potential backlash than be dragged right into it.
  • Fewer people will find me here. Now as an aspiring humor writer, it would seem that it would behoove me to write for as large an audience as possible. But when you're also a "bad guy" professional wrestling manager and several fans find you, the frequent comments of "u suck hightower lolololol" tend to grate on the nerves a tad...especially since I know that said fans aren't laughing out loud out loud out loud out loud like they profess they are.
  • Simply put, the novelty of MySpace has completely worn off. At first, it was like, "Wow, people from my past can find me on here!" It eventually turned into, "Shit, people from my past can find me on here." It's amazing what one expletive and changed mark of punctuation can do to shift someone's perspective.
  • And finally, as if I needed further justification for distancing myself from Tom's Cyberhouse of Suck, the last bulletin I received was the following:
    • How Gay are you?
      Go to link. Take Test. Copy and paste this to a "Bulletin" and add your name and score with your score also in the subject line..and post it.




Please snip me now so that I do not even risk the temptation of bringing children into such an idiotic world.

If you're reading this and my MySpace account is still active, it's simply because I want to archive my old blogs before I delete it for good. In the meantime, I can promise more "What Dan Learned" and "Sensai Dan" goodness. I'll even go far as to pinky swear.

Yeah, now you know I'm serious.

But I do highly encourage anyone reading to comment on my blogs like you guys did on MySpace (you don't need to be a member of Blogspot to comment). It certainly makes it more fun for me. And there MAY just be a little something in it for you as well.*

Until next time...
Dan

*I lied.

6 Comments:

At Friday, February 17, 2006 9:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sniff* welcome back!!!!

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 9:57:00 AM, Blogger Dan said...

*sniff* It's good to be back. I think Mozella would be proud.

 
At Saturday, February 18, 2006 1:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you possibly thrive on a blog without a gaggle of ever-changing photographs detailing who your 8 favorite people are? And each time you click on one of those photographs, the page pauses for a few eons while all of the background graphics and GIFs and music videos and feature length films that show up and blow the shit out of your speakers with the lyrics of whatever song is currently popular this hour?

I got a Ralph Wiggum keychain

 
At Saturday, February 18, 2006 9:13:00 AM, Blogger Dan said...

I honestly don't know how I'm going to live without incessant bulletins saying "repost this and tom will allow 16 photos lololol..."

Or the daily "Cool New People" notifications of users who would hardly pass for "cool" (or, in some cases, "people")...

Or having to CTRL-ALT-Baleete everytime I enter a page with more graphics than a Spiderman comic...

I dress myself.

 
At Sunday, February 19, 2006 9:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the novelty has definitely worn off...and the worse part is that I found out some things about people on my space that I really didn't need to know...it was definitely information, sound, and graphics overload...this seems more of a "quiet" atmosphere. ha ha...

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Dan said...

I do enjoy the cyberserenity of Blogspot. It's like I'm one with the cyberuniverse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home