Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Is Dan the Catalyst For the Apocalypse?

Every year, on June 6, yours truly celebrates the anniversary of my birthday (because when you think about it, you only really get one "birthday"). Obviously, as one gets older, birthday anniversaries become less of, "Woohoo! It's my (anniversary of my) birthday!" and more like "Sigh. It's my (anniversary of my) birthday."

This year's anniversary doesn't quite instill the same sense of apathy as previous years. The more operative word for the big 2-6 would be "fear." You see, since I was about 15, I figured out that this day was coming. And ever since, I have developed an overarching sense of deep concern for not only myself, but for the rest of humankind.

"Dan?", you ask.
"Yeah?", I reply.
"What has you so concerned?", you follow-up.

Well besides my gramatically deplorable use of commas, I have one TINY little bigass worry. The date of my (anniversary of my) birthday this year?

06.06.06

Um, dammit?

Truth be told, I started becoming slightly less insanely concerned as the date rapidly approaches. I mean, it's just a date, right? Well, that's what I thought until I was driving on Conchester Highway yesterday and saw a billboard that simply said:

"06.06.06: The Signs Are All Around You."

For the brief few seconds that I was still in traffic, I quickly began to analyze the sign, looking for the tiny fine print or the clear indication that this was some movie advertisement. Not only was there no other text to be found, but I quickly come to another conclusion...this is the same billboard that always has some Christian "Jesus is coming" propaganda plastered on it.

Dammit.

Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit.

So before you begin peltering me with comments, blaming me for the world's imminent demise, please remember...I was supposed to be born on May 16. Blame my mom instead.

Until next time *gulp*...
Dan


1 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 03, 2006 8:54:00 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Robert Englund was born on June 6 as well. You'd think that for as many times as he's been resurrected, he'd come up with a good escape plan for the impending doomsday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home