Friday, February 09, 2007

Classic Moments in Stoopidity: "What's Your First Name?"

Being a sucker for things that don't cost money, I took advantage of Netflix's 30-day free trial. Since today was Day 29 (and since I am a cheap procrastinating bastard), I called them up to cancel my account.

Now, when I created the email address that you'll see in the conversation below, it was partly a preemptive measure to prevent the question of what my name is. However, I had an ulterior motive: I knew that someday, someone would inevitably ask said question...and that would give me something to blog about. Well ladies and gents, that day has finally arrived...

Netflix: What can I do for you today?
Dan: Yes, I'd like to cancel my account.
Netflix: Ok, if I could just get the email address on your account please?
Dan: thenameisdan@****.com
Netflix: Great. And your first name please?


Until next time...
You know what my name is (hopefully)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home